Saturday, March 7, 2009

New pictures and Video

What a day, spring is COMING!!!! I can not wait neither can Shy Shy. I did manage to get some pictures, not all that I wanted but hey its a start. I did pick up at stall mat at Katahdin Trail Saddlery in Newport today for $40 bucks. I will put it in tomorrow, some thing she really really needed!!

I do need to call the vet on Monday she has come down with a skin issue. Her coat is gross, stinky, waxy, dull and dandruff hell. Just not a healthy coat, it defiantly reflects her past history for sure. Right where her belly ends and her leg starts, on both sides she has pea like hard spots, some have the hair coming off, some are scabby, but they sure are itching her like crazy to the point of her chewing it raw!!! I lathered her up with baby oil and iccima. Tomorrow I will take warm cloth and a mild baby soap wash her areas good dry her off and apply more ointment (I am only washing the areas that are affect and have the bumps) He is the best picture I could get:

[caption id="attachment_184" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Ouchy"]Ouchy[/caption]

Here is a udder picture. I have never noticed the far sided one a little swollen before

[caption id="attachment_187" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="The far sided one is a tad puffy. But thought I would show you all, so you can watch with the rest of us."]The far sided one is a tad puffy. But thought I would show you all, so you can watch with the rest of us.[/caption]

I did get brushing pictures!! She had fun between scratches carrots and apples we had when happy girl that was in my pocket and just being so sweet!!!

[caption id="attachment_185" align="alignnone" width="400" caption="OOOOOOO thats the spot."]OOOOOOO thats the spot.[/caption]

Here are a couple videos as well. I tried to get hoof shots and it just was not happening. So I got some quick videos so you can see the hoof wall and flares.



This is the other back hoof


And last one Shy enjoying a good ole scratching!! Her skin is so itchy this is her FAVORITE time of the day. I swear she rushes me through chores just for this moment in time!

Shy's coat is really gross, its a product of her former environment. Bad living conditions, not the proper nutrition either. Her skin is dull, waxy, stinky (abnormally), and the dandruff is enough to make you sneeze for hours on end. I feel bad for her I really do, she is so itchy and her skin is sooooooooooo dry it has to be uncomfortable. I lathered the bad areas with baby oil and iccima. I am also going to start putting oil in her food on top of her mineral oil. We will get her cleaned up tomorrow with a spot bath and try and get her comfortable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment