Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Shy Shy Has made it back

As many of you might remember way back when about a year ago. When I outed a man for animal neglect and abuse. It was rough as my life was threatened as well as my horses. Well ALL the people in that circle I cut ties with, was not worth it to me. The lady I was friends with even screwed my friend so I reported and he was told he had to rehome them. Well I had not talked to this friend lets call them Mr.H and Miss. S, for over a year. Well i come to find out that she got the mare that I tried so hard to get from this dude. I even posted on here for advice on how to catch her. Well, I had moved on but this mare has always been hanging on my brain. I just had that bond don't know how to explain it and I even named her Shyanne... shy shy. Well I had heard Mr.H and Miss. S had her and one of her other horses kicked her in the head. No vet help was seeked ( that we are aware of) and O the mare is preggo. Had no shelter, good hay or water. Well since she got kicked (supposedly) she was ditched on some people. Well last night I was talking to my friend. And she was like I need to go get this mare, I was like let me see. I BURST into tears, it was shyanne, disfigured thin and so sad. I guess I was crying more outa rage, then sadness. Well the lady would not return my friends calls, so I called and was frank that I knew this horse, told her all her quirks and scars and what she had been through. I was told to come and get her and you keep the foal. I walked onto there property got close to her and went shy shy hey my girl and up came her head darting it at me and I knew she knew. after just getting home having a good cry in the shower, I know she is warm, tucked in a nice fluffy stall, nice full belly from a hot mash, all the hay and water she wants! No worries. I knew she knew when I hugged her she leaned into me and sighed... I think we both had a good cry at that point. Shy Shy is home, where she belongs! In her nice big comfy stall and lots of love. A happy ending to a story I thought I would hold close to my gut and cry over. I am angry well more like RAGED. Upset at our state for allowing things to get like this. And yet, so at piece. Here are a few pictures. We are not sure if she will ever gain full use of her mouth. Her eye is permanent and I am sure her ear is also. But her soul still shines!!!



"The day she came"
The day she came

"This is her face, her lip hangs, her tongue does too. She can't hear and barely see's out of her left eye
This is her face, her lip hangs, her tongue does too. She can't hear and barely see's out of her left eye/[/caption]


"Injury that was never taken care of.
Injury that was never taken care of.


[
"Her horrible hoofies. She can only stand about 30sec at a time right now."
Her horrible hoofies. She can only stand about 30sec at a time right now.



"See the droopyness, but such a kind face. Even with the terror in her eyes!
See the droopyness, but such a kind face. Even with the terror in her eyes!


"Yes I am smiling, cause I know she is at ease. We have a bond!"
Yes I am smiling, cause I know she is at ease. We have a bond!


DISCLAIMER:

As to date I have been unable to find vet records, on her bill of sale there was a vet name, but she does not remember seeing her except to give triple eye ointment for her eye ulcer. So I called another local vet who did not recall seeing a 17yr, sorrel TB that is pregnant. So as far as I know the vet care is not there. If anyone, has any records could you please forward these as they will aide us in her care and her foal care. So right now I have to start from scratch to provide vet care as we can not turn up any records.

No comments:

Post a Comment