Thursday, March 5, 2009

Smiling from ear to ear!

Wow what a day!!!!!!!!!!! I am grining from ear to ear, so much my cheeks hurt!

Shy helped me clean stall. I open all the stall door shut the barn door and just let her mosey around and pick at things. She is getting more and more curious. Today it was the tool bench, thank god I lost all that weight I had to make some serious tool catches! She was wiping that bench off left and right!! She reminded me of a dang todler into EVERYTHING! She snacked on scraps of hay left behind in the isles and then I made the HUGE mistake. While I was cleaning she passed me so I gave her a rub and a scratch. Well thats all it took, I was now held hostage by a horse. She wanted scratches so bad, she was not malicious but making sure she was ALWAYS in my way! So I gave up on the cleaning and went and got a curry comb, hard brush, hoof pick and mane brush. I was on a mission and she was nickering.

Shy is in love with the curry comb, that right side of her lip can really curl LOL, she puts her head down for me and all its really cute. If I am not scratching the right spot, rest assured she will correct me. She got a serious curry combing, buttcheeks and all, I thought her legs were not gonna hold her she was putty in my hands lol. I followed with a nice long hard brush brushing, she started to calm down, meaning not angling herself to her preferred spots, neck, legs, belly, sides, butt and head she was happy. I got the hoof pick out and was thinking is this the day we can get them all??? Back feet no trouble holding herself up YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Front feet she still gets wobbly and needs to lean on something behind her. I am not sure if the hind end weakness is from the head/spinal injury or lack of muscle and being so thin. It took a little bit letting her rest, but we did it. So I am thinking we can get her trimmed! I wanted to get pictures I had the camera then the stupid camera informed me my battery was low and shut it self off (gggrrrrr). Anyways, talk about side tracked. I finished off with a nice mane and tail brushing, this has her soooo relaxed I thought she fell asleep!! Her coat is still REALLY dry and dandruffy its gross. She has a lot of scurf and I am just waiting for dang warm weather so she can have a nice bath. She has a fugly smell about her too, so yeah the princess needs to get gussied up for sure!

I also found out she likes blueberry oatmeal cookies!! She was eating them like no tomorrow! Man can she stretch I found that out, I brought 2 I got a 1/2 one :).

I was watching her while I was thinking, and noticed her staring out the door with a longful look. I was you know what girl your eating supper outside in the little pasture!! So Gina and I got all the other gremlins in and closed the door. Gina carried the ever important dinner and I walked the princess. Man she walks fast, snorting, sniffing, looking bright eyed and bushy tailed. So we walked her around back dropped the line walked her in and put the line up. I unsnapped the lead rope and off she went. . Hollering like a mad woman, trotting (not very graceful either) up to the door, where she looks out everyday, she knew they were on the other side. I was worried she would go over or through the fence, Gina assured me if that was her intention she would have done it already. Shy kept coming back to Gina and I then off again, almost like your still here good BRB. We moved the food over by the barn door and she ate a little and would walk around then she did it! She rolled!! digging her neck in and rubbing for all she was worth. She got up shook and almost did a face plant, but that didn’t deter her at all. She ate a little more and down she went again, this time on the other side. This time she shook her head and skipped trying for a full body shake lol. Shy was out about a 1/2. We didn’t want to do to much, slow and easy wins the race right. I am just glad she is doing so much better!! We are going to try to do this daily or least every other day, she truly enjoyed it and I don’t think Gina and I have giggled and laugh that hard in a long time with her!

We got the test results back from the fecal sample, we are PROUD to say Shy is now worm free!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yipppe. 4 wormers later. So this means the weight should be increasing, which is exciting she dosen’t have parasites living off her now!! We are still waiting on the levels on the pregnancy test, hopefully that will be in tomorrow.

I also would like to thank all of you who have clicked ads!! Every little bit helps. Taking a couple seconds while drinking your morning coffee or hey why not search for new things. I have found some of these links pretty cool actually. Yesterday you all raised $24.16, that is amazing, hey thats a bag of grain with a few bucks left over!! Thank you so much we appreciate it!!

Shy Shy has been with me now for month and 2 days! She has already gained a lot of wait. Her spirit has improved so much and her spark has come back. Lots of love, proper nutrition and ideal living conditions are the makings for a healthy horse. Thats all she needed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment