Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It was sooooooo nice out and I know I had to get her out and about and socialize her she misses it and I know it. I just need to be careful who I pair her with. The fear of her getting kicked in the tummy is not just a fear but a true reality. Its not a wise time to introduce her to a new herd when she is still finding her balance and pregnant. Not a risk I am willing to take at this point. So Misty one of Gina's mares is someone who can be bossy but I have never seen her kick. She is low drama and gets her point across without attacking. So we introduced them and it was like yeah you eat across from me and sleep across from me every night no big deal!

We pastured them for 4 hours!!! I put some fine hay out (Shy is doing OK on it, but only with supervision) and some denji for the both of them) Shy has really good herd manners and was respectful and so was Misty.

I did give Shya spot bath, with some nice warm warter with witch hazel in it.I am unsure of what is going on but is only on her belly, side and chin. It looks old and something that has started to get irritated with the shedding. It don't look like hives, or rainrot. I am thinking its from poor diet and poor skin conditions. I did a warm pack on all the areas and she really seemed relieved! I put some ointment on it, after a little kicking, twitching and not so happy faces. I can not blame her they look painful!! She got her udders washed and her mustentouchit as well. She enjoyed this, getting that black crusty icky yucky eww off!

After I washed her I headed back into the barn and turned around there was shy laying down in the snow bank rocking back and fourth rubbing the ointment off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Little brat, she is way to smart for her own good.

I picked some more denji up for her 2 bags, it came to 24 and some change. I have updated her account on the side bar over <<<<<<<<. Thursday I will pick up some more beet pulp and grain. Then her account of helpers will be zero.

KK here are a couple pictures and 1 video of her day out and about!!! She was one happy horse!!!!!!!!!!

[caption id="attachment_216" align="alignnone" width="400" caption="How she look! Enjoying the March sunshine and denji!"]How she look! Enjoying the March sunshine and denji![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_217" align="alignnone" width="400" caption="She had to roll after a brushing, she hasn't lost that horsey part of her!! LOL"]She had to roll after a brushing, she hasn't lost that horsey parr of her!! LOL[/caption]

And a little video of her and Misty!




KK off to do some webdesign work so I can get some fencing and lumber!!

Take care all, and nope no baby just one umcomfy momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment